2 Years of Mantels

I recently came upon my two year “blogaversary”.

As with all markings of time we look back and reflect.

One of my favorite projects to work on in my house is my mantel.  My head is spinning (when I should be sleeping – hence the dark circles!) for my Christmas mantel already.

It occurred to me that my  “A Year in Mantels” post was a year out of date, so I thought I would now reflect on TWO years of mantels.

2yearsofmantels thumb 2 Years of Mantels

PinExt 2 Years of Mantels

So without further adieu…

My first mantel…(actually, I have always decorated my mantel, the first one I photographed for the blog!)

Halloween Mantel 2010

Tashmanfallblog075300 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Fall / Thanksgiving Mantel 2010

bhgthanksgivingimage 300 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Christmas Mantel 2010

hatsandchristmasmantel046 300 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

The Key to My Heart Mantel 2011 / Valentines Day and Winter

auctionandchurch095 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Spring Mantel 2011

mantel2border thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Summer Mantel 2011 (I think this one might be my favorite)

MEgchorusconcertandsummermantel047 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Fall Mantel 2011

MikeandJackFallmantel211 thumb2 2 Years of Mantels

Christmas Mantel 2011

findinghomechristmasmantel2011 thumb 2 Years of Mantels

Winter Mantel 2012

FindingHomeFamilyRoom8 2 Years of Mantels

Spring Mantel 2012

springheader 2 Years of Mantels

Summer Mantel 2012

findinghomesummermantelcopy 2 Years of Mantels

Fall Mantel 2012

FindingHomeFallMantelHeadercopy 2 Years of Mantels

And that brings us to what is on my mantel right now.  I have to say my fall mantel is one that is prettier in person than it photographed. Oh well, we love it just the same.

post signature 2 Years of MantelsP.S. – Amazingly enough, a few of mantels are on BHG.com, they can be found here, here and here.

share 2 Years of Mantels
pixel 2 Years of Mantels
About Finding Home

My name is Laura and I have been running a small interior decorating business since 2004. I have always had a love for decorating but I never fully realized it until about 10 years ago. I live in New York with my husband and two daughters. They support me and encourage me at every turn. I have always loved the “hunt” for the next treasure, especially when you have to get down and dirty to discover it. I feel like it is time to start taking my business in a new direction. I am not sure exactly what that will be, but this blog is about that journey. About finding a sense of home, a place where we belong and can most be ourselves. Thank you for being part of my journey.

From Our Partners:

Comments

1. What a fun re-cap! Mantels are definitely one of your sweet spots, Laura. Congratulations on your two years of blogging, also. Can’t wait to see what’s coming for Christmas!

2. I once called you the mantel whisperer, and I still say you are =) Gorgeous! Couldn’t pick a favorite if I tried.

• Awesome, Mantel Whisperer! Love all your ideas, hard to pick a favorite, but the baseball flag is pretty tough to top

3. Teddee Grace says:

Well, without further ado, “trouble or difficulty…fuss, esp. about something that is unimportant…” I think your mantel vignettes are lovely.

4. Wow – these are, each one, just gorgeous! I do change mine around, but we barely ever even go in the Living room and I’m usually the only one that gets to see them : P

Thanks for sharing – you and your beautiful home are truly inspiring to this old lady!

gena

5. Mantels are always so much fun to decorate and you know how to do it right! Your displays are always unique and full of inspiration. I enjoyed the look back.

6. Your mantels are fabulous! You are so talented and creative! You always have such amazing ideas! Thanks for sharing your review! I need you to come do mine!

7. I love this post! I had only found your blog this past Summer, so I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful mantels that I missed. They are fabulous!

8. Laura, the mantels are so great…I love them all. Each one is sooo creative! I’m with Jennifer, I can’t wait to see what you have planned for Christmas.

9. Michelle says:

They are all wonderful, Laura, but I think my favorite is last year’s Christmas mantel. I should really look into doing the ledge above my TV and use that as a “mantel” per se.

10. Laura your mantel always look STUNNING!! I LOVE LOVE your 2011 Christmas!

11. Anne Boykin says:

Hi Laura, Your mantels are beautiful!

12. I love these mantels, they are so pretty. Love the topiaries and the Christmas mantel., I can’t wait to see your inspiration for this Christmas.

Cynthia

13. Marla says:

Hi Laura, your mantels are beautiful. Could you tell me what color and brand of paint you used on your walls? I love that too!!

14. Cheryl Porada says:

They are all great! Keep up the good work!

15. I love the name of your blog. And going through these pictures something occured me “You found it!”. Whata lovely home you have with those enchanting settings.
    Congratulations!

16. Beautiful sweet Laura!!!! Each one is a work of art!!

17. I love this! As I scrolled down to each one I would go awww oh, yeah I remember that one, so pretty and then uh aw yes I loved that one. I can’t pick a favorite, I guess if I had to I would say your mantle’s are my favorite thing you do! :)

18. I love your fall mantel especially the mask on the bust. It was fun to see all of your seasonal mantels. :)

19. I officially dub you the crazy awesome mantle lady ;-)

20. Laura…you always have the most wonderful decorated mantels!!!…Loved seeing them all at once!!!

21. Dale Sherar says:

Hi Laura,
    Of all the Mantels that I see online, including Pinterest, YOUR Mantels are by far the Best.
    I love them all but my favourites are definitely
    2011 Summer & 2011 Christmas.
    Take Care & Stay Safe.
    Thinking of you all in the US after Sandy hit.
    ♥ Dale from Down Under ♥

22. Wow! I stumbled across this post and will have to bookmark it! Mantels are one thing I really struggle with, and yours are amazing. You’ve got serious mantel skills! I’m going to become a student of your mantels and try to come up with something for my home that I’m not ashamed for anyone to see!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful scenes.

23. OMG…those are some amazing mantels! I have to say it is one of my favorite and least favorites spaces. I have a very tall electric one in my LR…and I loved decorating it for the seasons. UNTIL my husband decided to move the 36″ tv from the spare bedroom to the upstairs LR. UGH so the big black box on my black fireplace has become depressing and I decorated on the sides in 3′s. lol

Love your ideas, hoping once we move I will be inspired again. NO TV on the mantel in the new house! LOl

MJ
    Lucky 7 Design

24. Sarah Stuber says:

I love ALL of you r mantels. I am always trying to come up with new ideas for mine too. After Christmas I love something more simple also. I love your decorating !