A Table For Thanksgiving

In my more than one year of blogging, I have not yet done a table setting.

I thought Thanksgiving would be the best time to start.

Fall Dining Room 023

I started with a runner of tweed suiting fabric with the edges frayed and then laid two strips of vintage lace down the center.

Fall Dining Room 027

My favorite wooden box was filled with ironstone, pine cones, script apples, small white pumpkins and pears.

Fall Dining Room 038

The “wheat” in the ironstone is from our yard.

Fall Dining Room 043

I then added some more items outside of container, including candles.

Fall Dining Room 176

The place setting began with vintage lace trimmed napkins.

Then I layered a cream colored embossed dish with a fall pattern, a small green plate and small brown transfer ware plate.

The silverware is a mix of vintage pieces.

Fall Dining Room 215

I used a pretty cream vintage napkin pulled through a loop of vintage lace with a key and a tag tied on.

I then used the same tweed fabric and cut out maple leaves that I tucked in with the napkin as well.

Fall Dining Room 233-2

I love this Thanksgiving prayer tag that I purchased here.

Fall Dining Room 241

Fall Dining Room 256

Fall Dining Room 262-2

For the candles, I started with glass votive candles.  This one has just a piece of the same lace that is around the napkins glue into place with a small amount of hot glue.

Fall Dining Room 303

For the larger ones, I placed them in simple jelly jars and first wrapped the same lace that is on the runner and then layered the same beige lace over the top.

Fall Dining Room 307-2

I hope you like it!

I think this would be really easy to re-create if you wanted.

The suiting fabric is from Joanne’s (bought on sale)  and the lace and napkins could easily be found new.  All the plates are newish, ironstone equivalents are easily found these days at Homegoods and even Target.  A lot of the other stuff can be found outside (pine cones, small pumpkins, weeds “wheat”).  I provided the source for the tags but an equivalent could easily be created.  Jelly jars can be found at the grocery store and any old silverware would do.

I will be sharing this at

At the Picket Fence

Thanks for reading.

Comments

I see that your skill for styling Mantels extends to styling tables as well! It’s beautiful! Tables and mantels are two things that I’m not great at pulling together, so I love seeing ideas like yours to gain inspiration from!

Laura it’s so warm and welcoming – I’d be there in a heartbeat. Hope your fall craft sale went well, traffic here was slow due to a homecoming rescheduled from the snow storm but I did fine. Only one more to go and it’s all by order, I find it much more rewarding, satisfying and worth my time.

The wheat in the pitcher is so beautiful and immediately caught my eye. You’re so talented at decorating…you have a beautiful touch!

4. jerri says

The entire table is beautiful! Especially love the tweed fabric and Thanksgiving prayer tags.

5. MaryAnn Lunniss says

What a warm and inviting table. Any guest would be honored to partake in a meal at the table you have set.
    ML

Laura – Your Thanksgiving table is just lovely! I love the old wooden box down the center, a great focal point. All the elements you chose go perfectly together. Most importantly, you’ve added candlelight. That always makes a table that much more welcoming. Great job! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. :)

Your elegant and natural approach has me feeling peaceful, abundant, and centered. The tweed runner and leaves {love!} along with those lovely ‘weeds’ and other natural elements, paired up with lace-wrapped candles and a prayer all create a feast for the eyes and soul! Thank you for sharing :)

This is so beautiful! I love the wooden box in the middle of the table, and the white jug! I’ve actually been looking for a white jug like that for my kitchen utensils, and can’t seem to find one!

9. Pattie says

One of the prettiest I have seen for a long time…..Happy Thanksgiving to you are your family

Wow, I can’t believe this is your first tablescape. It’s gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and I absolutely love the tag.

11. Lisa hankins says

That is fantastic! I adore the tweed, it gives a whole new texture to the table, especially paired with the lace. SWOON! Your box is gorgeous, perfectly filled and overflowing! What talent you have girl, so glad I found you!

12. Michele in Il. says

wow, your tablescape is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing and for the inspiration!

Laura, there is so much to love about your table. That gorgeous wooden box, beautiful Thanksgiving prayer tag, the runner, lace covered tables…it all looks wonderful. :)

14. Autumn says

I’m also a collector of “friendly village” by Johnson Brothers, and also wanted to use it for thanksgiving, not just Christmas. I love your combination of other plates and all the rustic elegance! So inviting. Using ribbon, papers, quotes, and a glue gun is brilliant! I will be “borrowing” some of your ideas!

Absolutely stunning, Laura. I love the tweed leaves! I used a dot fabric for some that I made last week, but I think this would look so much prettier with the denim. Love the warmth of it all and the little details…the dishes, the lace, everything! Featured this among the N-S-E-W Thanksgiving Traditions party highlights.

What a lovely table setting and centerpiece. I would be proud to have my family dine at this table for Thanksgiving. I plan on sharing one picture of this over at Celebrate and Decorate. Visitors will have to click on a link to see the rest of your tablescape. I hope it send some folks your way to see your lovely blog!

1. […] Love that rustic look in your home during the fall? Grab a burlap table runner and mimic the look below. Wheat as a centerpiece screams fall and the pumpkins bring that look home. See more of this table from Finding Home by clicking here. […]