Apple Candle Centerpiece for a Fall Table

Apple Candle Tablescape

I first made apple candles when I had my first apartment right after college and I think I have only done them a few times since.

But they have been on my mind again lately, so I thought I would try again for a simple and easy fall table.

Materials: Apples – preferably a softer type, paring knife, spoon, tea light candles and pencil.

apple candle tutorial

Step 1: Mark the shape of the candle on the apple with a pencil.  It is really more of an imprint as opposed to actually leaving a line.  Also, place it so that it is the center with the apple settled – don’t just go the center where the stem is – that may leave you with a crooked candle.

Apple Candle Tutorial for a Fall Table

Step 2: Use your paring knife to carefully cut the opening (make sure your hands are clean and you have a good hold).  I found that if I kept going around, the center eventually came out after a few times.  If not, a spoon can be used to scoop out the center.  You may need to clean up the edges with your paring knife.  Simply place the tea light in the opening.

apple candle cutting tutorial

Step 3: Gather up a tray and different items to group with the apple candles.  I used pine cones, vintage crystal door knobs and Autumn Joy Sedum picked from my yard.  I started with two pewter cups and a silver sugar bowl with no lid to put the candles at different heights.  I first layered the pine cones, then the door knobs and finally filled in the the sedum.

This is what I have (not everyone has door knobs laying around) – just work with what you have and layer them together.

Apple Candle Centerpiece Prepping

In my book nothing is better than for a table setting to be easy, quick and pretty.

Using Apple Candles in a Fall Centerpiece

The less time spent “working” the more time spent enjoying a meal with loved ones!

Apple Candle Tablescape

If you would like to see some other fall table ideas, you can go here or here or you can visit my Pinterest board.

I will be sharing at

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Thanks for reading dear friends!

Comments

I have never tried this before but I’m loving it. The look so nice with the pinecones and the sparkle of the glass doorknobs. Such a great combo.

2. Suzi says

I did this once…at a very small Thanksgiving table…with tapers instead of votives…Well, everyone kept nearly singing the hair on their arms every time they passed the food! HA HA HA…oh, the things I have put my family through over the years! I am T H A N K F U L for a man who “knows better” but will still acquiesce to my desire for homemade beauty!!! KUDOS on your magazine feature…and with the great Mary E yet!?! Will be looking for this issue in the stores!

beautiful! how do you think of such things?
    I love the organic feel of it:)….hoping things are slowing down a bit
    for you and your families power is restored and things. I know how
    overwhelming things like that can be.
    have a beautiful weekend…xo

s, laptops and cellular devices so that action could be taken to deal with any type of
    abnormal stock movements. Although people can enroll in the program now,
    stores won’t have discount-eligibleitems until Dec. The diesel range contains the 18d with
    143bhp and 320Nm, as the more powerful 20d delivers 177bhp and 350Nm.

If you want to take care of your property, the number one thing
    that you should do is to know your budget. However, screws should be countersunk and covered to create
    a neat exterior appearance. Your kitchen contractor can create a knee wall
    contrary to the rear of the bottom cabinets, add a surface that matches other
    parts of your the kitchen area, and all you must have
    are bar bar stools.

Corporate Taxes: All business structures pay taxes on the income made in that particular business.
    You need to seek Tax Filing Help if you would like stay away from
    Tax Levy complications like a Wage Levy or Bank Levy.
    Not sure if the IRS has a copy of a 1099 or W-2 wage statement.

Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring
    on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like
    to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

You don’t want to linger until the last minute to make
    your plan so I would recommend reading the waterway guidebook in advance.

Given a choice, our primates will eat nothing but bananas. You will catch red fish,
    spotted sea trout, pompano, snook, mangrove snapper,
    Spanish mackerel, small black-tip sharks, small bonnet sharks,
    sheephead & in cooler weather the odd king mackerel.

I was at first shocked and then giddy with excitement as I went and started
    catching hoppers. Adding a pinch of baking soda to tomato sauce
    will reduce the acidity. Fishing Lures For Sale:- The next time
    you’re rummaging through the garden shed it’s worth taking a
    long, hard look at that old tackle box.

After all, there are more people to dumb and lazy to scrap
    metals than there are people with any degree of common sense and the willingness to help themselves
    with what others discard. Although CPA firm sites are great,they are only useful
    in introducing CPA or EA firm. Most of the economic stimulus checks have been delivered.

They come in all shapes and sizes, plus many come with attachments to make traversing stairs even a piece of cake.

Numbers of professional packers and movers of Delhi also provide reliable and completely safe international shifting services.
    Now we come to the feature that is really what robots and robotic vacuum
    cleaners are all about; apart from atending to the routine
    maintenance you can simply set it to work and forget about it.
    For this reason many people make an effort to be brokers of freight companies.
    In order to over come this, a telescope in space was necessary.
    Carpet cleaning in best can be done through any cleaning machine.
    While away for a longer period, drop the room temperature in 12 -16 degrees
    of Celsius. Those who sleep on their backs need to have the support so
    that their spine is not pulled out of alignment during their sleeping.
    We are repairing and installment different types of gates suchlike Actuation Steel State Doors, Mercenary Coiled Grills
    for much than 10 age. They bring along with themselves quality containers, cartons or boxes of various sizes to pack each and every item safely.

1. […] linked.  Starting with…. Thanksgiving Tablescape by Confessions of a Plate Addict Apple candle centrepiece – Finding Home  Thanksgiving Hurricane Vases – My Heart’s Desire Thanksgiving tablescape – Town […]

2. […] November 10, 2012 admin Leave a comment Hello everyone!  Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.  We are so Thankful to each of you who take the time to help us inspire others each and every week.  It looks like you’re all getting ready for Thanksgiving and so we thought we’d share some of the amazing Thanksgiving inspiration that has been linked.  Starting with…. Thanksgiving Tablescape by Confessions of a Plate Addict Apple candle centrepiece – Finding Home  […]

3. […] Hello everyone!  Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.  We are so Thankful to each of you who take the time to help us inspire others each and every week.  It looks like you’re all getting ready for Thanksgiving and so we thought we’d share some of the amazing Thanksgiving inspiration that has been linked.  Starting with…. Thanksgiving Tablescape by Confessions of a Plate Addict Apple candle centrepiece – Finding Home  […]