Decorating Ideas: Collected Vintage Gallery Wall

Kitchen Decorating Ideas Gallery Wall

Last week, I said I was ready to make some changes, to be a little more bold in my home.

And I started with a gallery wall made up some of my favorite collected vintage treasures.

Here is where I started – nice but safe.

Why just one picture on that wall when I had so many things I loved in storage?

Finding Home Kitchen 2

I don’t know what was holding me back – but I decided to make a change and fill this space – one of the highest traffic spots of our home – with things that we love.

Kitchen Decorating Gallery Wall

And my favorite part, the shelf, which is actually a vintage tray, can be changed out at any time.  Both inside the shelf and on top of it.

Vintage Collected Gallery Wall

I just found these boot molds last week and I could not walk away from them.  They make me smile when I walk past them.

Vintage Boot Mold and Hem Ruler

I love the picture that was there – and it has found a great new spot – but this new arrangement fills the space so much better.

Gallery wall in kitchen

This picture used to hang in my Grandfather’s office, and the “Open” sign was a very meaningful gift from a treasured friend.

Gallery Wall Vintage Sign

There is a spot for magazines and decorative treasures.

Kitchen Console Table

A drop spot for all that ends in pockets and one of my all time favorite pictures.

And who doesn’t need a couple of lonely vintage Noah’s Arc animals?

Vintage Vignette

And I finally have found a place to appropriately display our beautiful family photos.

Gallery Wall Vignette Kitchen Decorating

And this is just the first step.  Another grouping has already been completed and two more are in the works.

If you would like some ideas on how to plan a gallery wall, please visit here.  If you would like some tips on how to hang all that crazy stuff, please visit here.

I am sharing at…

DIY Show Off

Uncommon Designs

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Comments

Oh wow, what a difference. I love it all! I have been going to antique stores lately and I see this kind of stuff and don’t know what to use it for but now I do! Thank you! Shelly

2. Pam says

I LOVE all of your posts Laura and loved your ‘before’ pic in this one. In the last ten dozen or so years I’ve had to downsize twice- and now am at the “less is best” stage of life . So thinking that your new vignette is a bit busy for me. Personal OP- absolutely!! Feeling like it’s a bit like ” not seeing the forest for the trees” (or is it the other way around?) Anyway- love your blog and thank you for all your great suggestions!

3. Pam says

(That was supposed to be “dozen”- not “ten dozen”. Diminishes credibility- doesn’t it!! :) )

I just completed a gallery wall in my family room. I was inspired by the one in your guest room! And it was from all items I had for years which makes it so meaningful. Can’t wait to do another wall. Thanks for the inspiration.

5. kathy roloff says

Really fabulous grouping of textures, color, and shapes. You”ve placed items in an organized way so that it doesn’t look like a pile of clutter. I will look forward to continuing posts. Now, where is my hammer?

Laura, your wall was nice before but now it just pops with wonderful treasures and memories. I love it! The boot molds are an awesome find. I can’t wait to see the other walls you’ve done. Blessings, Pamela

beautiful! I love the vintage elements in your gallery wall. Just yesterday I was framing up a series of antique etchings, which will go on a gallery wall in my stairway. I look forward to your pointers before I tackle hanging/arranging my pictures!

8. Glenda Niederhofer says

Love it! You truly inspire me to get all my things I have stored away and get them out in the open to enjoy! Love to follow your blog.

9. Rick S says

Now I am inspired to finally “do something” in the downstairs family room. The wall above the long sectional sofa needs help. The room was painted and we have come up blank what to put there. I have to get a few things from the family farm while I still can. I already have some brown and white Bennington doorknobs and a stack of wire egg baskets my Grandma used for her trips to the hen house. There are some paned windows from the old house and many things in the barn and grainery. Things that take me back years and miles.
    thanks
    rick

I love it. It’s just so “family,” ya know? :) I also love the posts on your stairs. Thinking about doing a little change up with ours…and I’m not sure what I want yet…but yours are beautiful. :) Everything is just lovely. k.

11. Chrissy says

I absolutely LOVE the wall! I could sit there and look at each item forever…wondering about it’s history and enjoying the beauty of it. Beautiful space! Thanks for posting it!

Oh wow I just love it! I’m pinning so I can get inspiration from it, something like this would look awesome on our front stairs. Great job!
    Debbie :)

13. Michelle says

Wow! I guess going bold pays off because what you did looks Amazing. I love the boot molds. We must have similar taste because I have the same stool and a family picture of our shoes that I just adore. I can’t wait to see the other changes. Did you really have all of that in storage?

14. julie says

Laura, I love your new wall! I’m not a believer in “less is more” OR “more is more.” I am a believer in decorating our houses in whatever way speaks to US and makes us feel happy and content. I’ve been working on the bones of my house for several years now, pushing the “decorating” off until I am finished…it’s been tough, let me say! But I’m almost there, and I can only hope to have as wonderful a gallery wall in my house some day.

This is fabulous! I’ve been doing the same thing, wondering why I haven’t worked my most treasured items into different spots in my home. This is great inspiration for me to get going!
    xo, Andrea

16. Donna says

looks great! Is the sofa for your Mom on the decorator board the same one you have? What are the two colors of trout sofas and what type of material is that? Also, is your dining room buffet made from two different pieces? We’re they together or did you put them together? Always love your ideas.

What a great transformation for this space Laura! Love this gallery wall arrangement… and lovin’ all the shoe molds (especially the boots)…as well as all the family mementos!! Wood + Metal + Graphics and Photos makes me swoon! Just beautiful!

Oh how lovely. You have packed so many wonderful items into this space I can’t even begin to pick out favorites. Lets just say it’s wonderfully done and I love it all! LOL.

19. Cindy says

Absolutely love the history that is now represented in your wall and the beautiful transformation of meaningful items. I LOVE the photos of your family. This wall just feels warm and spells H-O-M-E to me! Thanks for sharing your lovely home with us!

20. Toni says

So warm and inviting! Our living room is long and narrow…. 1 end holds our “comfy” area.. TV, sofa, etc… and the other end has a sliding door and some shelving… I’m having trouble decorating the “shared wall” that goes between these two areas.. this type of gallery wall might be the thing… I’ve been thinking about a photo only gallery paired with this great mirror that I picked up but I like the warmth of the shelf and your treasures mixed in. Thanks for the inspiration !

I used to have many “gallery walls”….but then the trend went back to a more simpler wall decor…and now I truly love your gallery…love it because you created it with such wonderful treasures…of great finds and precious memories…I would smile too when I pass by those boot molds!…I love your new space!!

What an eye catching mix of your family photos and mementos. I like how you’ve used so many treasures that have history and meaning to you and your family and how it tells a story. Very pretty, thanks for the inspiration!

I LOVE this Laura! I had already pinned it last week when you posted. I’m currently gathering inspiration for a small gallery wall and am really loving this. Thank you for sharing! xo, Kimberly

Love this idea….but you had me at those boots! Seriously! AMAZING!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing and creating a little slice of joy in your home!

:) me

Laura, the wall was great before, but now it is fabulous. I adore those boot molds and I can understand why you couldn’t pass up buying them. Some things just speak to you. Great job on the revised wall collection!

Did I tell you I love love love your precious wall? I feel like I did and if so, it’s okay to say it again. I love every detail. You did a beautiful job at pulling it all together…such a fun, personal focal point!

27. Caroline says

I love your gallery wall. I am in the process of re-doing my ktchen and have been looking for some tips to hang all the things I need as well as the stuff I love. Your post is just what I was looking for. The other thing I wondered about is where did you get the light fixture? Our kitshen is a cross between vintage 30’s and country chic – not sure what that is called. Anyway your light is kind of what I’ve been looking for but haven’t been able to find, or been able to explain to my hubby. Thanks for the tips