Fall Decorating: Finding Fall Home Tours 2013

I am so excited the day is here – our Finding Fall Home Tours begin!

Finding Fall Home Tour - 16 Bloggers and BHG sharing fall decorating ideas.

The first stop on the tour is our home, but scroll below to the links to each of the next houses.

By the end of the week, we will have visited 16 homes and then we end with inspiration and ideas from Better Homes and Gardens!

In the meantime, you can get all kinds of fall inspiration from all 16 bloggers and BHG on our Finding Fall Pinterest board.

You can also subscribe to BHG’s 100 Days of Holidays newsletter for great ideas and inspiration all the way through Christmas.

MAKE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO LINK TO ALL THE OTHER HOMES

Welcome to my home, please come in!

Finding Home Fall Home Tour

I am not going to be too chatty today, just let you enjoy the tour and all of its “fallness”.

Decorating the Front Door for Fall

Fall Front Entry Decorating

Our living room has simple changes that change the tone of the room – switching out of the pillows, changing over the accessories on the coffee table and replacing the mirrors with a wreath.   Simple changes – major comfort impact.  This is where I cuddle with my morning coffee.  And yes, I do cuddle my morning coffee.  We have a very tight relationship.

Fall Living Room

Fall Pumpkin Decorating Copper

From the hints of color in the plants on our front porch to the fabric I chose for our dining room table, I kept finding myself drawn to purple this year.

Fall Plaid Flannel Tablescape

As soon as I saw this fabric, my wheels were turning.  Then when I touched and realized it was flannel, there was no going back.  A grouping of cabbage plants and hydrangea in white and pewter containers was all the center needed – and of course a few candles.

Fall Dining Room Decorating

Classically simple white plates make for a perfectly comfortable table. I will be sharing more details on how I pulled it all together soon.

Mikasa Place Setting

Our family room is nice and bright and filled with blue and green accents. I again turned to dried hydrangea, but this time with blues and greens and then added warm browns and some gold touches.

Family Room Fall

I love decorating mantels – always have.

I will share more details on this project soon too!

Fall Mantel Gold Accents

Fall Decorating Family Room

Fall Decorating White Pumpkins

Fall Family Room

Fall Home Tour - Decorating Ideas

These birdhouse gourds are extra special – they were one of the few things we were able to grow in the garden this year. Actually, being honest, the garden was all Hubby this year. The flowers are from cuttings given to us by my Father-in-law when we first moved here. They are Autumn Joy Sedum. They go from green to pink to red as the season goes on – my favorite.

Fall Table Centerpiece

Fall Home Decorating Ideas

Our gallery wall makes me happy. I only made a few changes – changed out a display box for the gold mirror and added the deer paint-by-number painting. I also changed out the accessories on top of the table – just a little bit of a flavor of fall.

Fall Gallery Wall Ideas

Fall Gallery Wall

Harvest Decorating

Truth – I have not spent a lot of time in the kitchen lately. Busy schedules and a stove that was broken for over a month. Now that the cooler weather is setting in, I am hoping (as is my family, I am sure) to start cooking up a storm.

Kitchen Fall Decorating

White Farmhouse Kitchen

I am guessing that you might be wondering why a kind of sad looking white pumpkin is in our windowsill.  For ten years we have tried to grow Lumina pumpkins and this is the best we have ever gotten. By golly she is getting a place of honor on a pedestal!

Fall Decorating - Farmhouse Kitchen

Kitchen Decorating for Fall

God was good to us this fall with an incredible abundance of hydrangea and I am ever so thankful.

Decorating with Hydrangea for Fall

Thank you so much for stopping by – now head on to the next stops!

House 2

jeanne oliver button

House 3

the yellow cape cod button

House 4

hooked on houses button

House 5

thistlewood-farms-button

House 6

jones design company button

House 7

shabby creek cottage button

House 8

four gens button

House 9

the old painted cottage button

House 10

the graphics fairy button

House 11

my sweet savannah button

House 12

at the picket fence button

House 13

jennifer rizzo button

House 14

the handmade home button

House 15

all things heart & home button

House 16

in my own style button copy

And we are so honored that our final stop is…

Better Homes and Gardens

style_spotters_masthead_thumb.jpg

Stop by our Finding Fall Pinterest board for even more fall inspiration..

I will be adding to this post each day till all of the stops are included!

Finding-Fall-Home-Decorating-Ideas-Home-Tour

Thanks so much for reading and wishing you a great day!

Comments

Beautiful tour, Laura! Your Fall vignettes are gorgeous … love your mantel, and your front porch is so welcoming!

2. Jeannine says

So many unique ideas!
    The table vignette in the foyer,
    living room wallpaper and wreath,
    clock w/pumpkins,
    tole and pewter trays behind pitchers,
    etc., etc., etc.
    INSPIRATIONAL!

I really love your house and style – the fall touches being just right! I especially love how you successfully used blue canning jars and hydrangeas along with warm autumn colors.

4. Lglucy says

Thanks for some great ideas! Can you tell me the make of the white dinnerware? I love the classic look of it.

Your home is just so beautiful. Now that I have met your lovely family… I can just see so much happiness shared in that warm and welcoming house. So pretty!

Take care,

Trish

Your home is so beautiful! I love how you managed to present Fall decor in a unique way. I wouldn’t have thought to put flannel on my table in a million years, but it looks beautiful!

Can’t WAIT to follow along! Your home looks amazing and I am so excited about the tour!

Happy day to you rock star!
    karianne

Glad to see the abundance of dried hydrangeas in your fall decor Laura. I too am making them the fore front of my Fall.Beautiful tour. Thanks for having us.

Laura, your home is so beautifully decorated and cozy. What a beautiful home tour. I especially love your plaid tablecloth! Thank you so much for putting on this tour. I’m off to check out house 2 and 3!

oxox
    Jennifer

10. Andrea says

Gorgeous. I just love your home, and the fall touches are perfect-not overdone at all. I too love hydrangeas, and keep my dried ones out all year

So gorgeous Laura!! What a beautiful home you have! I have Hydrangea bushes growing all around my back yard, they are my favorites. I love how you mixed them in with the Kale, such a pretty combo! The little blue caddy with the Sedum is pretty fab too!!
    Thanks for the tour, I can’t wait to see the other homes!
    xo
    Karen

12. Teresa says

You kicked off the Finding Fall House Tour in great style as always. I tried to narrow it down to one thing from each house that caught my eye. I loved that plaid purple, gray and white table cloth you used. I think purple is a beautiful color to use in fall decorating.

Sigh….can I move in? I don’t take up much room! ;-) Your home is just absolutely gorgeous Laura and it seems to just come alive in the Fall with the addition of all of your beautiful seasonal touches. You have such an eye for details and make it look effortless. So thrilled that we get to be apart of this amazing tour of homes! :-)
    Vanessa

I love your use of color for Fall. I am not one to use the typical autumnal colors in my home and I see you aren’t either. You chose the perfect Fall colors for your home. I have a pinboard called FALLISH and your colors fit perfectly on my board. Thank you for sharing your warm cozy home.
    Kathysue

Laura, your home looks absolutely wonderful! I love the purple accents, everything looks so warm and cozy.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Susan

Beautiful! Someone gave me a white/gray pumpkin last year and I cooked it up at the end of the season. It had the thickest. orangest, sweetest smelling flesh. I’ll be on the hunt for more pumpkins like that this year.

I love your home… While I am drawn to the homes like Thistlewood farm and Dear Lillie that are all white and soft I find that I can not decorate in my own home without color… I love that you like color as well!!! Your home is beautiful!!!!

Laura! Thanks for the beautiful tour! What a fantastic series. We bloggers love touring homes. Your home is warm and interesting. I love the vintage touches here and there. Your living room where you hug your coffee mug is very warm and cozy. Love the wallpaper on the wall. I also love your about you page! The family photo in black and white on the truck is amazing. I too, love hydrangeas. I’ve been drying them like crazy. Limelight turns so many beautiful shades and just keeps on giving and giving. Now I’m off to tour the next home.

Absolutely stunning, Laura!! I am in LOVE with your beautiful kitchen and warm, inviting decor! You’ve created such a gorgeous home! Thanks for sharing with us!!
    Virginia
    LiveLoveDIY

I stumbled on to Finding Home Fall Tour and I am so happy I did. What wonderful homes and inspirations. It is so refreshing to truly see and feel the love and faith that is in all the homes and the wonderful women who create them. I am new to the blogging community, the support you all have for one another is heart warming.

21. Jo says

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us. You obviously have put a lot of time and care into your home. Just lovely!

22. Kelly says

Beautiful tour – enjoyed. Would you be willing to tell me where you got your chandelier over the table in your eating area right off the kitchen. Thanks!

23. whalegirlx says

Love what you’ve done!! So beautiful. Where is the plaid tablecloth from? Thank you!

24. Donna says

I love your home Laura. You always have the warmest touches no matter what the season. The colors are lovely. The hydrangeas are so beautiful. I really love your dining room and tablescape. The front porch is so inviting.I think it’s my favorite but I’m always interested to see what you have tucked into your wooden boxes on your table. I just have to find one of those to use. You are so inspiring!

I love your home but especially love your kitchen. I hope to finally tackle our kitchen in the next year or so (a complete gut job will happen, all the way down to the studs and hopefully the original wood floors) but I hope it will look like yours when it’s done. So pretty!!!

26. Chris says

I’d LOVE and NEED to know the paint color for the front door for No.12. What brand of paint and color? Please share. It’s perfect!!! Thanks!

1. […] If you’re stopping by from Jones Design Company, welcome! Thanks to our host Laura at _Finding Home_ for all her hard work on coordinating so many beautiful homes. When you’re finished, be sure […]