Gift Wrap Ideas: Buttons & Boxwood

Today I am teaming up with four lovely ladies to bring you…

I will be sharing my project of wrapping with buttons and boxwood and then the links are below for each of the other creative projects.

Buttons & Boxwood Wrapping

I wish I could tell you that I am one of those people who has all their shopping and wrapping done early in December.

But that would be a lie.

Fact – right now my kitchen table and island are covered with wrapping paper and gifts and I am hoping to be done by tomorrow.

Red and Green Gift Wrap

And that would be the earliest I have ever been done – fingers crossed?

So, for me, when I wrap a present, I want to make it special and pretty – but not complicated.

Gift wrap with buttons

So this year I picked out a simple red paper and some green and white twine.

When shopping at a local craft fair this fall, I found these lovely handmade buttons that I simply tied on after wrapping the twine around a few times.

Christmas Wrapping Ideas

I also wrapped one using simple vintage buttons – but any type of button would work.  How many of us have a collection of stray buttons that we could put to use.

Vintage buttons are fairly easy to find and inexpensive.

If you wanted, you could also pick up some special buttons at the fabric store.

Simple Gift Wrapping Ideas

I used a tag shaped punch and green paper to punch out a simple tag that I added some scrapbook letters to.

joyeux noel wrapping ideas

By tucking in some simple boxwood cuttings from my yard (once again!), it makes it special without all the trouble of making a bow.

Gift Wrapping Ideas

And the best part, this is just one idea to make your gifts special.  Please follow each of these links to learn more about each the creative gift wrapping ideas.

KariAnne of Thistlewood Farms Cookie Tag

Uncommon Designs’ Boxwood Joy Wrapping

Linda of It All Started with Paint’s Paint Chip Gift Tags

Laura of Top This Top That’s Chip Can Gift Boxes

Comments

1. Elaine says

I wanted to comment how much I love your style– there are many pretty houses out there but most are too white or too rigid/frigid/static for me. Your home is beautiful but somehow the home part comes through– it is a not a stage set, it’s a place where people live. I’ve been poring over the pictures to see how things are put together. I particularly like the transom you put in– I’ve pinned any pictures I can find, in the hope of having it replicated someday!

Okay….at least you are wrapping! I am still buying! Off to the mall today with bells on!

Have a blessed day my wonderful friend!
    karianne

I’ll be wrapping this weekend — I was so late this year and my kid’s picks were from so many online stores that I took a killing in shipping! Ah well. Your presents are beautiful! And it makes me want to plant some boxwoods in my yard come Spring!

:) Linda

Laura, you are just delightful and so is your blog. These wrapping ideas are so fun and pretty!! Pinned thist to my Joyeux Noel board. Have a sweet Christmas!

5. Shelly Pye says

I just bought a small antique sleigh and googled “images” to get some inspiration on how to decorate it. To my delight, I found your blog and now have a vision. After looking though your images, I was even more pleased when I saw the Hartt Shoe sign above your doorway. I live in Fredericton and it made me smile!

I like your philosophy for Christmas gifts – make them look pretty but uncomplicated! I love wrapping gifts but Christmastime is often overwhelming for me…so this is good advice. Wish you the best with the rest of your preparations!

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
    find this matter to be really something
    which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

8. Betty819 says

Laura, I love your gift wrapping ideas..how do you keep that Christmas yard so tight without an extra pr. of hands. You must own a lot of different punches..let me guess, you’re a scrapbooker or card maker? Gosh, I think I need to go down to Michael’s and buy some new punches. I gave all mine away last year. One could use them all year round using cardstock or use old greeting cards. What nifty ideas you have. Do you save all your small scraps of wrapping paper for smaller gifts? How does the boxwood stay fresh if you wrap the gifts so far in advance or is it faux?
    Thanks for sharing your ideas with your blog fans!

1. […] Finding Home                                                      Uncommon Designs Filed Under: Christmas Decorating Tagged With: Christmas Wrapping, Cookie gift tag, ribbon, tag […]