I Am a Country Woman

I really liked how Heather from At the Picket Fence said recently there really is no other way to say: “I was featured in a magazine” other than to say: “I was featured in a magazine”.

Finding Home in Country Woman

So guess what friends?

Our home is being featured in a magazine.

More specifically the December / January issue of Country Woman.

You can see the online article here.

Country Woman Magazine Feature

They contacted me a while back asking if they could use some photos from my Christmas tour last year (note to self and to all others – always, always always use a tripod if you want to be published – I did not with these and wish I had!).

Then they contacted me a few months later letting me know the information about the writer.  Um, writer?  What do you need that for?

I had no idea they had a larger article in mind.

Country Woman Magazine - Christmas Kitchen

And to make even more delightful, I can say I got to “hang out” with Mary Engelbreit – doesn’t get much better than that ( she is in this issue as well).

Finding Home in Country Woman Magazine

Actually, it is especially fun because this is a magazine I have always read at my mother-in-laws over the years because she truly is a Country Woman, in every positive sense of the word.

She was the first call I made when it was confirmed.

I wanted to end with a thank you to all the lovely people I was able to work with at Country Woman – they truly were a pleasure and delight.

I am humbly appreciative and thankful that you wanted to include our home in your Christmas issue.

It is kind of a weird feeling when something you really did hope for comes true, it is surreal and I guess I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

1. Rick S says

Congratulations, I looked at the online issue and know I will have to get the real paper copy too. Sometimes our dreams take a while to catch up with us. Best (early) Wishes for a happy festive holiday season.
    rick

Laura that is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

Being published in a magazine is a dream of mine too! Step 1 though would probably be own my own home first. :)

3. Kathy says

So very proud of you and so happy for you. Love you Betty!!! Can’t wait to buy a copy so I can brag about you to all my family and friends!!! xoxoxo

Big hugs sweet lady! That is just so amazing and I am sure everything is stunning. I can’t wait to get a copy! You truly deserve all good things coming your way!

Take care,

Trish

5. Kim says

Congratulations! The recognition is well deserved! Your beautiful home is perfection when “dressed up” for Chirstmas.

6. Jeni Cuccovia says

SOOOO happy for you Laura. That is awesome. I can always say….”I knew you when….” LOL

Very cool! I subscribe on my tablet and it downloaded last night… I was psyched because Mary Englebreit was featured, but now I can’t wait to dive in and see YOUR kitchen!!!!!

hugs from jersey,
    gena

8. Jeannie S says

Congratulations Laura! The spread in the magazine looks wonderful, hopefully Walmart has them, can’t wait to get a copy. Going for a cancer check today, say a little prayer. Blessings, Jeannie

9. Diane says

Laura, how very exciting for you and a wonderful treat for all readers of the magazine. Now they, too, can enjoy your creativity and the beauty of your home that all of us devoted “groupies” get to do with each of your posts. I hope this is just the beginning of you being featured in a magazine … heaven knows you deserve to be in them all. Now, I’m off to see if I can find that magazine!
    Diane

10. Marla says

Good for you, Laura! It must be so exciting to see your talents showcased in a magazine! Going to Barnes and Noble today to see if I can find a copy. Hooray for unexpected blessings!

11. Peggy says

Congratulations! How nice all the magazine follows will be able to see what us blog followers have known for years – you do a beautiful job of decorating your home year ’round, you could be published every season!

When my Mom was alive that was her favorite magazine! She’d be so happy to know that I “knew” someone who was featured! I think you’ve mentioned it before, but where did you find the green felt scalloped ribbon?

13. Heather says

Amazing!! You are a beautiful inside and out. Though I do not know you, you exude this. Your daughters have an wonderful role model for how to be a woman!!!

I think I have told everyone I know that of all the homes I’ve seen online, and all the decor blogs, yours is my very favorite. When I first saw it I just said to myself that this house is filled with love. Your style is warm and welcoming and I doubt I would change much at all if I stepped into your house to make it mine. It’s just wonderful and I enjoy seeing what you share with each and every post.
    God bless~

Woo to the Hoo!!! Laura I’m so behind in reading blogs but this is such exciting news!! I’m super happy for you and not a bit surprised. Your home is truly magazine worthy and as far as I’m concerned belongs on the cover of House Beautiful! Congrats and I can’t wait to get my copy and tell people, “I KNOW her!” LOL!
    xoxo,
    Kim

16. Michelle says

How exciting! I’m just getting around to reading the blogs I follow so I am a little behind in reading your exciting news. I’m heading to Wally World to get a copy of Country Women tomorrow. I can’t wait to read about your beautiful home. Congrats!

17. Cyndee Jones says

Hi Laura,

How cool to be featured in Country Woman. Great article! Carry on Laura, carry on!

Enjoy your day and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cyndee