Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

A few months ago, I shared with you all that we had a major change in our life that put the pressure on for us to finish our office.

When I shared the finished office / craft space / homework space / hangout space – I had grand plans.

OfficeColorfulCornerrs thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

This one relatively small room was expected to accomplish a lot – and it has.

Our kids really do their homework and craft at this desk.  In fact, I spent quite a lot of time cleaning stubborn glitter from Valentine cards that were made.

DIYSemiBuiltInDesk thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

And we have had two new additions – amazing new chairs found at Homegoods on the same day that “the one got away”.  They are super comfortable and pretty too!

I checked with Hubby first to make sure he was fine with a white chair too – and he is just happy to have something comfortable.

OfficeDesksrs thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

The space is nice and bright and different from the rest of the style of the house which is a fun change.

It is a loft area, so it is open to everywhere pretty much.  That of course has its advantages and disadvantages – but I really like being able to interact with everyone and hear what is going on even when I am working.

And with all of the recent snow days – that has been necessary!

OfficeSignCornerrs thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

But the best part of it – is that I get to sit right across from my handsome husband.

We have a lot of new stuff brewing that I can’t wait to share.  The really big things I need to stew on for a while – I guess to make sure I do them justice – but it is coming soon.

ColorfulOfficecornerrs thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

He is outdoors a lot – and is starting to do some consulting work as well, so he is quite busy these days.

Oh, and I have a new job I haven’t shared about yet – yup, I am in charge of ALL of the costumes for the middle school production of High School Musical.  Yes, I said costumes, not the set.  And by costumes, I mean over 60 kids with 3 to 4 changes – on a small budget!  Have I mentioned I don’t sew?

Hold me.

Truly, though, I am so excited to be able to part of this – both of my girls are in the play so I really feel lucky even it is a bit overwhelming at times.  Peanut is a cheerleader and Sunshine is Kelsi – the piano player.

CoffeTableRugOfficers thumb Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues

So even though Hubby is home every night, it is amazing to me how little chance we have to stop and catch up.  A lot of what he is doing is so physical that he is exhausted by the end of the day.  We know we need to be better about that and we just spoke about that today.

But the truth is, I am still in awe and amazement that we are so blessed that he is home.

That he is not in a job that was just taking so much of him.

That he is following his true bliss and I am following mine – and we are figuring out where they cross over and building a life around that.

When I was in Tybee Island a few weeks ago, I had a God moment that was so true and so clear.  I feel so comfortable that we are on the right path – even if we fail – this is the right path.

I see it in my girls too.

They are truly blessed with such an amazing Dad – and now they have even more of him.

And so do I.

Thank you for coming here to read this blog and giving me this place that is a big part of my bliss.

And I wish you the chance to find yours.

Have a beautiful weekend sweet friends.

share Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues
pixel Office Updates, Some Drama and Our Journey Continues
About Finding Home

Welcome to Finding Home where we share our favorite DIY and decorating ideas and inspiration. We believe your home should be a reflection of you and your family. Our blog is the story of our journey - and what we find along the way. Thanks for joining us!

Comments

1. happy weekend to you too. i just love the office. it is so fun and fresh looking with it’s pops of color.

2. Your loft is beautiful and I am tickled to hear about the head of costumes – WOW! What a challenge and how much fun. I am looking forward to hearing what you are planning — when you’re ready to tell us. Have a wonderful weekend and stay in the moment and love each minute.

3. So glad for an update and clear sailing. (Except for the costumes! Oh my, what have you done? ;-) physical exhaustion is good for a man’s brain and healthy for his heart unlike mental exhaustion. Amazing how God knits it all together isn’t it? He is so good.

4. The path is blessed…so excited to see where God is leading you both! xoxo

5. What a blessing. Your post reminded me of Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts. Blogging can be such a great way to count our blessings! Have a great weekend, Laura!

6. Lisa~A Cottage To Me says:

What an amazing space you’ve created! So glad your following your true path!

7. Your office looks FABULOUS!! Love that sofa and those pretty pillows…such a bright and happy space!

8. Laura,
    I LOVE the storage baskets and the pillows and couch look so colorful and inviting. Thanks for sharing this inspiring spot — I’m going to hunt down some wire storage baskets!

9. Lynn DeGrave says:

Love the new office look, love the black and white and the splashes of color everywhere. Where did you get the wire baskets under the table which i love also. You always come up with such good and inspiring ideas. Love reading and seeing your ideas.

10. I’m so glad things are going well for you! LOVE the new office! Especially the “hounds-tooth” rug! It almost looks digital! :) Have a lovely, lovely day!

11. Beautiful office/craft space Laura…so glad that you two are following your heart on your life’s journey…..and when you at one point in the future look back, you will know you did the right thing.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

12. MaryAnn says:

I am so happy for you. The office is great, love the new chairs (let me know how the white works out) and you are truly blessed in so many ways. Dana and you make for a extraordinary combination and your future can’t be anything but bright and fulfilling. God bless.

13. Teresa says:

Hope you will share some pictures of the play on opening night. Glad to hear that things are working out well on the home front as well. Have a great weekend!

14. So nice to hear things are moving in the right direction for you! The office is beautiful!
    Enjoy the weekend!
    -Shelley

15. Michelle says:

So happy for you and that things are moving in the right direction. I absolutely love the office. I love all the colors and how everything goes together but doesn’t if that makes sense.
    Funny thing I was at TJ-Maxx today looking for finishing touches for my husbands soon to be office. I didn’t find what I was looking for but I did stumbled upon an office chair. My husband never wants anything but for Father’s Day/Birthday he hinted he wanted a new comfortable chair not one of my antiques that I bring home. I was going to go home and think about it but then I remembered your post on the One That Got Away. It was on clearance so I knew it would be gone before I returned. I just read your post and it’s the same chair as yours only ours is black. I have one surprised happy husband.
    Thanks again for the inspiration. Have a great weekend.

16. Love your office! Especially that eclectic gallery wall. I really how the whole room is fun and happy while still being practical.

17. Thanks for the update — can’t wait to hear what else is brewing with you all! I think of you both often and wonder how it’s going. My husband is still plugging away at his all-encompassing job and we’re still praying for some direction. Love to hear that all is well. Wishing you the best of everything! :) Peace.

18. What a bright and cheery his and hers work space. Good luck with your new plans that are in the works.

19. Gretchen says:

This room is beautiful! Where did you get the coffee table? I love that.

20. Aloha says:

Love your office space. I would never want to leave it. I love both pillows, may I ask where you found them??

21. What a beautiful and colorful space!

22. The space is great but have I told you that I just love you? Well, I do. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for “walking the walk”. Thanks for the joy that you spread. Just….. thanks…. for being wonderful, crazy, yankee girl YOU. :)

xoxo
    C

23. Amelia says:

I want to hang out there! Nice!!!

24. So Fun!!1 I love it! Thanks for linking it up!

–Katie

25. Happy Birthday sweet friend! You were just on my mind so I thought I’d pop in. Your space is beautiful, but doesn’t hold a candle to what a beautiful person you are inside and out. I am so glad that you guys are following your dreams… I know they will all come true. Enjoy your man being home, your babies, and this glorious day!

Take care,

Trish

26. Sharon says:

Enjoy being a part of the school play. My daughter was in Beauty and the Beast in her grade 12 year and I was between jobs so I helped out in any way I could. Set design, costumes, moral support, food supplier, driver, you name it I did it. I didn’t think they were going to pull it off, but everything went beautifully. And for those things that didn’t no one in the audience knew. This was a few years ago and it is something I still treasure. Every so ofter I put in the DVD of their last performance and wish I could go through it all again. Hearing any of the songs now I get a tear in my eye just remembering. They grow so fast and are gone from your home so quickly.

27. Dear Lauyra:
    This is a super-fun post! I absolutely love how you styled your office and the table with the bins and writing is fabulous- I have already pinned it! So much fun to find you through Time To Sparkle Linky! I will be back for sure!