Today I want to share with you a recipe that would be perfect for a breakfast, brunch, lunch or as an appetizer – Maple Bacon Cheese Cups.
As I mentioned when I shared our Mason Jar Maple Martini recipe, this week I am sharing maple recipes.
This is the peak time of year for making maple syrup – and it is always peak time to enjoy it!
And what goes better with maple syrup than bacon?
My family was ecstatic that I made these this week and are already asking when I am going to make them again.
And the best part is it is a fairly uncomplicated recipe.
- 1lb of bacon
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Cooking spray
- 5 oz. of goat cheese
- 3 oz of shredded asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine Syrup, garlic and mustard in a bowl and whisk them together
- Layer in bacon one piece at a time so it is fully covered, let it sit for about ten minutes
- Cover a baking sheet heavily in foil and place an oven safe baking rack inside
- Lay one piece of bacon at a time across the rack and bake for 15 minutes
- While baking, combine cheese and microwave for one minute and blend them together
- Remove bacon from oven and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- Layer in one piece of bacon to each cup to create the outside of the cup shape (each cup has two pieces of bacon)
- Layer in a second piece, starting by filling the bottom and then wrapping around the rest of the cup shape
- Fill cup with cheese mixture
- Bake another 15 to 20 minutes watching that the bacon is cooked to your liking and the cheese mixture starts to slightly brown
- Serve with eggs or over lettuce
Here is what it looks like when layering the bacon into the muffin tin. You can see the one cup only has the first piece of bacon in it and the others have both.
I hope this recipes graces your table and makes your family as happy as it made mine.
Thanks for reading!