It seems like it has been forever since I have finished a project around here, but I did get a little one done today, and photographed!
I made a sheet music dress form that will live in my Master Bath, at least for now.
My inspiration was this full sized lady I saw when I was at a Paris Flea Market last fall.
This lovely lady was $400. Ouch.
I have had this dress form in my bathroom for years, and frankly I haven’t really liked it for about the last 5.
I was not a fan of the swirly thing and the painted on laces up the front was just a little too “tart” for my taste.
So, I gave her a makeover.
First, I took her off the metal base. It was all attached as one unit with the swirly thing screwed on to the top so it was easy to remove.
Then, I used my Mod Podge and covered her in torn pieces of sheet music. Across the middle, I was intentional about the “Love Duet” title, but other than that, I was random. I did tear away the perimeter of the pages so that there was little blank space.
I had the candle holder that she is placed on. I simply attached her with gorilla glue.
I widened the hole in the top and simply inserted the vintage crystal door knob for the topper.
I happen to think she came out rather lovely and much improved.
And, she was made with what I already had in the house.
And, although she is not full sized like the Parisian lady, she also wasn’t $400.
Now, if I was a well behaved blogger, I would have lots of pictures of the different steps, but no such luck.
I am just glad to have finished a project and photographed it. Hopefully, this is the start of lots of momentum.
Oh, and for the first time in a while, I will be sharing at some of the parties on my sidebar.