The Advent Calendar That Kinda’ Wasn’t?

FH Christmas Mantel Advent Calendar 2

I shared my Christmas Mantel and Advent calendar a few weeks ago.

Finding Home Christmas Mantel Evergreens

At the time I told you I would let you know what the basket on the side with envelopes was for.

Christmas Mantel Envelope Basket wm

But I never did tell you.

Because I never did it.

Yup.

It is just one of those things you keep planning and it got pushed off until now it is the 22nd of December and the envelopes are empty.

Finding Home Christmas Mantel Candle wm

But the good news is you really don’t need me.

You see, we did actually use it as a countdown for how many days till Christmas.

But I had hoped to have an activity and a scripture verse for us to share together as a family.

So lets admit defeat and plan for next year.

I found some fun ideas here, here and here that you also might enjoy.

And here’s to cutting ourselves a little slack when something doesn’t get done!

Next year I am totally going to pull off an Advent Calendar!

Oh, and I can’t even believe I am saying this, but our mantel is being shared over at the Pottery Barn Blog!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

I finally had to do the same thing, “cut myself some slack”…for the first time (other than on-line) I went shopping yesterday…will finish up today and then hit the grocery stores….I love your “advent calendar”… I truly look forward to seeing your mantels dressed for each season….Merry Christmas to you and your family Laura!!!!

2. Marla says

You and your beautiful family, along with your amazing home, have provided so much joy and inspiration to me this Christmas season! So excited about you being featured with Pottery Barn~ you deserve every bit of recognition you get! Merry Christmas, Laura! May the blessings of the holiday be with you!

3. Noreen says

I love the Advent calender. Congratulations on being on the Pottery Barn website! Have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4. Jeannie S says

WOW, Pottery Barn, that is wonderful! Congratulations Laura! I think it’s okay the advent calendar didn’t happen. From the looks of your blog, you accomplished an incredible amount of Christmas decor and activities. I can’t wait to go to church on Christmas Eve so I can have some time away from all the craziness and just soak in the birth of Christ.
    May you and your family have a joyous and blessed Christmas.

5. Autumn Fesperman says

I have had to simplify this year out of necessity, but seems having a fun advent calendar would help us stay on track. I love your window pane calendar! I will be reading the advent sites you shared and will share a find as well. We attended a workshop about advent, here is the corresponding website: adventbagandbox.com. It takes a little planning, but then following through is easy….make it as simple or involved as you choose. I am in search of a cubbie shelf or window like yours now for next year!

6. Kathy says

Congratulations, my friend! It was only a matter of time before they noticed your talent :) You may not have recorded your special moments on those pretty papers, but you surely made the most of your advent season based on what I have seen in photos. Enjoy your beautifu family these next few days and relax before sugaring season starts!!! xoxo