The Old Painted Cottage December Cottage

If you are visiting here for the first time from The Old Painted Cottage – welcome and thank you for stopping by!

We were the crazy people who drove home from the tree farm with a tree on our roof…

on Veteran’s Day.

If you could have seen the looks on people’s face who were outside raking their leaves.

Disbelief.

But there was a reason for our madness.

So all of our halls could be decked to be shared over at Jennifer’s ever so lovely…

The Old Painted Cottage

COTM award 1

If you are not familiar, Jennifer features one home every month and there is a beautiful archive of home inspiration, please stop by.

And to Jennifer, thank you so much for choosing our home to be featured, it is truly an honor.

So, if you want to see all of our Christmas decor, stop by.

But don’t worry, I will be still sharing each part and more over here over the next few weeks.

Enjoy your weekend friends!

Comments

I LOVE your home for the holidays! I want to come to your home and sit in the family room, so great. I just love everything. Right now I’ve been staring at boxes trying to get my decorations together…for a week now. I’m never like this. Okay, but I’m so inspired by your home I can now get to work .
    Have a great day. Susan

2. elma says

LOVE your home!! Love the stacked boxes? I think they are boxes:) So many beautiful treasures!!!

I just read the post and I had to come back and tell you how much I absolutely loved every single thing! I scrolled back and forth several times savoring every detail. Your home is seriously beautiful! I loved the fabulous window frame turned calendar as well as the chalk ornaments, black plaid garland and all the personal touches. Amazing job!
    Cheers! – Shelley

4. Diane says

Congrats, Laura! A combination of two of my very favorites … your home as Cottage of the Month!. Alll of the pictures are stunning … I especially love the dining room with the beautiful simplicity of your whie ironstone pieces and the boxwood. Another favorite is the picture of your girls running down the beach. Best wishes for the happiest of holidays!
    Diane

Laura, your home is stunning! I love your porch, love your kitchen, love your dining room… Ok, all of it! :)

Congratulations on being featured at The Old Painted Cottage. It’s well deserved!

Have a great day.
    Pam

6. Kathleen says

Your home is always so beautiful – you inspire me each time I touch base with your blog! I hope you are feeling flattered ’cause I am sooooo going to imitate! hehe!! :)

Laura…I spent a this morning looking at your beautiful home decorated for Christmas….No words can describe the joy I had looking at all of the fantastic Christmas decor and your incredibly creative ideas…It is a post that I could gaze at for hours!….I am amazed at the number of galvanized tubs you have to make that tree on the porch…awesome Laura…
    Thanks for this wonderful tour…Congrats on the feature!!!

Not surprised at all that you were featured again Laura. Your home looks stunning! I love all of the vintage touches. Your dining room looks so pretty – love the black chairs! I was wondering what type of camera you have. I’m asking for a new one for Christmas b/c mine takes crappy pictures. Yours are really clear and crisp.

9. Suzi says

I love the way God wired your brain :) so many wonderful, inventive ideas. The crystal doorknobs as floral pics! And bookends from wooden shoe molds. And…on and on…looking forward to seeing you break down the different elements with all the whys and where’s (wares) in the coming weeks.

10. Suzanne says

First time to see your home, and I am so in love with it that I had to make a comment! There are LOTS of homes out in blogland, but your home is perfection! Whimsical, traditional, a bit of country…all wrapped into one. Perfectly done.

11. Linda T says

As always I am blown away by your home. I love the pictures and am now on a hunt for old doorknobs! Congratulations – beautiful job!

Laura, it’s beautiful! I never tire of looking at your home. I always notice new things. I love the texture on the lighter sofa and that window on the mantle, did you know that was what you were going to do with it as soon as you got it? There is a picture of a really adorable angle, it’s just above the pic of the girls running on the beach. I have seen those whimsical characters before, remind me of the name. Looking forward to reading the details of your home.