Warm Weather Outdoor Decorating Ideas

Warm-Weather-Outdoor-Projects

I actually opened windows in my house today.

And it was glorious.

Tomorrow, though it is going to be cold again.  But that is okay.  I just needed a taste to start.  To start thinking and planning for new ideas for outdoor decorating.

So, I thought, just in case you might be in the same frame of mind, I would share some of my favorite outdoor projects.  Starting with one of my all time favs, our Kitchen Herb Garden.

TieredKitchenHerbGardencopy_thumb.png

If you don’t feel like planting, serve yourself something cold from a beverage bar built from an old door.

DIYUpcycledBeverageBarStation_thumb.jpg

Or you could light your way with a vintage wicker chandelier

IMG_2156_thumb.jpg

Or, you could decorate an outdoor space perfect for your tweens and your teens..in a playhouse.

PlayhousePoolhouseDecorating_thumb.jpg

Or create an outdoor oasis for the end of the day...a backyard retreat

IMG_2503_thumb.jpg

But my most favorite space of all is our screened porch.

findinghomescreendporch2_thumb.jpg

And heading out to our garden, we love our vintage silverware whirligig

Silverwarewhirlygig1.jpg

And you can never go wrong with a windmill..

IMG_2606_thumb.jpg

We can hold on, we can make it till it stays warm!  In the meantime, we can just dream..

Wishing you a day full of grace and thank you so much for reading.

Comments

1. Lisa~A Cottage To Me says

I love the herb garden! We are constantly using fresh herbs and last year had them planted in a cute red washtub on a stand right out our kitchen door. All of your outdoor living spaces look inviting. Warm temps can’t get here soon enough. We went to bed with it snowing last night, now there is a light layer on white on the ground. Come on Spring!

I really love your screened porch! I remember you sharing it before and I love the bright colours and decor. We woke to another layer of snow this morning but it will melt before the day is over. I just wish it would magically take the other 5 feet of snow that’s under it with it! :) Thanks for posting the inspiration for sunny summer days.

3. Christy Keyton says

Hi Laura, Being one of your newer readers, I had not read the post on your screen porch until today. I was so surprised when I first looked at the photo because it looks so much like mine! I inherited that exact furniture from my husband’s grandmother – except my sofa is a glider. I have had the same issues with finding cushions and went with the “larger and smooshed them” solution as well. :-) My coffee table is two old concrete bench bases that we dug up in my husband’s grandmother’s yard – literally we found them when we were digging up the yard to plant. That is a whole crazy story in itself. I had a heavy piece of glass cut to put on the bases and it is a fantastic table. We LOVE our porch as well – in fact it is one of the reasons that we bought this house! Love your blog – and bought the Garden Rooms book today.

4. Shannon says

How fun, Laura. After two pretty days we are back to rain (they call that a weekend in Seattle!) so looking at your sunny spots makes me happy.

I’m curious how much your teens use the pool house? We have a great playhouse that I’m itching to do something with this spring but the older kids really don’t seem interested in hanging out in there. Yours is about the only tween/teen playhouse ideas I can find online and wonder if its just not the kind of place older kids want to hang out….I also noticed that the lockers moved to the craft room which piqued my curiosity on the pool house.

Thank you!

Hi Laura! I found you at the Monday Funday linky. You have some of the most amazing outdoor spaces I have seen. And your sun porch looks like the perfect place to curl up with a book and take a nap. Sun porches aren’t very common in my area, in fact I can only think of one house I know that has one. If I did have one, I’d want it to be just a colorful and relaxing as yours. Thanks for sharing :)

I’m with you – I love your screened porch! That has been one of my dreams for years – hopefully one day I will join you with a screened porch of my own. :)

Love all your ideas, though – thanks!